Hi, fellow bloggers and visitors!!
So, I was quite busy these past few days, experimenting and trying out different cake recipes starting from the most basic to a little more complex and I did have several meltdowns in between which kind of demotivated me but luckily for me, there were more successes than failures with my trials so am quite happy with the outcome! 🙂
Let me give you a rundown on the different cakes I was able to bake in my microwave oven in the “Microwave” mode:
- Chocolate cupcakes with choco-cream-cheese frosting – The frosting was so delish that I couldn’t get enough of it. I decided from then on that I totally loved cream cheese frostings. Find the recipe here.
- Eggless chocolate (condensed milk) cake with chocolate glaze (the second time I attempted this recipe, it was a complete failure as I wasn’t watching the cake while it was cooking so it fell flat and got hard as a cookie) 😥
- Microwave banana Nut cake – This was a complete hit and surprisingly the texture was just like the ones in a convection oven. This was the first cake that I tried baking in the medium power setting whereas for all other cakes I always found the recipe mentioning the highest power setting. After the success of this cake, I attempted my first convection oven cake recipe (Chocolate banana cake) with the medium power setting and to my utter surprise, it came out perfectly and no one would have guessed I had used the microwave mode for making it! This attempt made me bolder to try out more cake recipes originally written for convection mode of baking. Find it here.
- Microwave carrot cake with cream cheese frosting – This has got to be my favourite cake after chocolate cake! I have baked this cake in convection mode before, during my college years but after a long gap I attempted this again and this time in microwave mode. This cake is going to be a regular in my menu along with the cream cheese frosting. 🙂
- Microwave Chocolate Banana cake – The texture of this cake felt just perfect!
- Microwave eggless muffins (in pink) – These muffins were a hit with my colleagues! And they even named it “Holi” cake after the Indian Holi festival as the colour of the cake reminded them of the gulal (the trademark pink Holi colour powder), 😀 and one of them even insisted that when I blog about this muffin, I should name it as such!
- Microwave Marble/Zebra cake – This is one of the first cakes into which I had added the roasted and powdered Flax seeds to, and I noticed that the texture of the cake turned out really glossy and nice compared to the previous ones I had attempted. There is something about Flax seeds after all!
- Eggless Black Forest cake – this cake really took a lot of effort and time but at the end of it, I was so glad that I attempted it because it was just fabulous! You can find the recipe for it here.
That’s all folks! I promise to blog about all the cakes above ASAP! 🙂
I have created a new list of cakes for trying out and this time I am feeling more emboldened and adventurous! So, here goes:
- Plum cake
- Upside-down apple cake
- Chocolate- marshmallow cake
- Checkerboard cake
- Orange Marmalade cake
- Funfetti cake
- Nutella cake
- Peanut Butter cake
- Lemon Yoghurt cake
- Devil cake
- Banoffee-marshmallow cake
- Red Velvet cake
- Pumpkin muffins
- More wholewheat/oats muffins/cakes
That’s my list for now and I hope to attempt all of them so wish me luck. 🙂
Hoping to blog about these attempts soon! see ya!