So, I am back with yet another microwave cake and I am certain that you will love it.
I don’t like wasting food and so with the excess overripe bananas lying around, I had to do something about it. So, I came across this lovely recipe.
This was my first attempt at making a cake which called for a medium setting so was apprehensive about making it as most recipes call for a high setting but after this successful attempt, I realised that the medium setting is the best way to make a cake in the microwave as it does not dry out the cake and also you are able to monitor it more properly.
So, let’s get on with it. Here is the recipe:
Banana Nut Cake
1 cup = 250 ml
Microwave – 800 Watts Highest power setting
- 1/4 cup oil (I used groundnut oil)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour (APF/Maida)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used a mix of almonds and cashews, but you may use other nuts)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp flour (APF/Maida)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (powdered)
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, milk, egg, banana and the sugar.
- Sieve the flour with baking powder, salt and soda and add this to the above mixture along with the nuts.
- Mix it thoroughly till all the ingredients are completely combined well.
- Grease and line a round microwave-safe dish with parchment paper and pour the cake batter into it.
- Now prepare the nut topping by combining the brown sugar, nuts, flour and cinnamon. Blend in the butter and mix it well.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Cook on the Medium power setting (mine was 450 W) for 7-8 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes and then take it out of the M/W and allow it to cool before unmoulding it.
- I usually cover with a plastic wrap or butter paper and store in an airtight container and refrigerate it.
And there you have it – Banana Nut Cake in a jiffy! I love to make these cakes as they get made so quickly. I even make these just before I leave for office so that I can have it for my tea breaks!
Hope you try it out and love this cake! I am sure you would!
I got to rush now so goodbye for now!