Being Assamese, hubby and I tend to eat a lot of fish. Back home, we get a variety of freshwater fish to choose from but in Gurgaon, we have very limited options.
More recently, owing to health reasons, we have started consuming more of fresh tuna, not the canned ones.
In terms of reducing coronary heart disease, tuna fish has very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
I like the taste of tuna. Usually, I steam or pan-sear the tuna steaks and shred them and stir fry with onions, tomatoes and capsicum with a dash of red wine vinegar and soy sauce. But, then I thought of making it a different way this time so Potato-Tuna-Sweetcorn patties it was!
You may add simply corn in place of the sweet corn variety.
I borrowed this recipe from Home Cooking Adventure.
Check out the recipe here below:
Tuna, Potato and Sweet Corn patties
- 3-4 potatoes, boiled with their skin on and cooled
- 3/4 cup boiled and shredded tuna
- 1/2 cup corn kernels or canned sweet corn
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, for coating
- Prepare the potatoes: Boil the potatoes. Peel the skin and mash them.
- Add the shredded tuna to this potato mash and mix well with a fork.
- Add corn kernels, chopped spring onions, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Finally add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions. Shape them into patties. Place breadcrumbs on a plate and add the patties to coat.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Cook patties for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer the patties to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Clean the pan with a paper towel and repeat until all patties are done.
- Serve with your favorite salad, and sauce. I served it with mustard and ketchup.
I hope you try out this recipe and like it. Do leave your comments in the comment section and keep visiting.