I just love jammy stuff especially jam topped biscuits and jam-filled cakes. I had earlier posted a recipe for Jam thumbprint Cocoa-Peanut butter Cookies here. This is the first time I attempted a Jam Swirled Tea Cake which is only natural as I love swirling as much as I love jam. 🙂 I used to love slathering strawberry jam over my buttered toasts for breakfast as a kid. There is something so comforting about a jammy buttered toast with red tea. Mmmm. 😛 Oh, by the way, I did make an Orange Marmalade cake which I have posted here. This was a cake I had made in the microwave oven in the microwave high setting and I was surprised to find that it came out just perfect!! Neither too moist nor too dry. Do check that out too.
So, coming to this jammy cake, I used my favourite Bonne Maman’s Wild Blueberry Preserve for this cake. I absolutely love blueberries and also to think they have great health benefits makes me reach out for this jar in place of strawberry, raspberry or apricot jam.
Check out the recipe below:
Blueberry Jam Swirled Tea Cake
Source: Yummy Tummy
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 3/4 cup / 90 grams
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Eggs – 2
- Unsalted Soft Butter – 120 grams
- Sugar – 1/2 cup / 100 grams
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Blueberry Jam (I used Bonne Maman’s Wild Blueberry Preserve) – 6 tblspn
- Prepping: Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease an 18 cm or a 7-inch round cake pan with oil and dust it with flour. Coat it on all sides and tap off the excess.
- Prepare the batter: Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a sieve. Set aside.
- Beat the butter till soft and creamy. Beat in the sugar till creamy.
- Now add in vanilla essence and eggs in the bowl and whip till creamy.
- Add in the flour mix in and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the pan and spread evenly.
- Now dollop the fruit spread over the cake batter and use a toothpick or bamboo skewer to swirl it. You can also use a palette knife.
- Bake for 30 mins. Remove from the oven once fully baked and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and enjoy.
You can use any other jam for this cake, it really doesn’t matter. Do try this out if you would love a cake for your morning cup of tea or coffee. Please leave your comments below and do hit the Like button if you liked this recipe. 🙂 Coming back soon with more wonderful recipes.