I am back to blogging after a long hiatus of 7 months!! I was caught up with a load of office work and even after that I was too busy procrastinating. 😛
It has been a couple of months since I had met with a minor accident which left me with a fracture on my right hand on my fifth metacarpal to be precise. But, now that my fracture has healed and am able to use my right hand for most of my daily everyday tasks, I thought of catching up with my favourite thing to do – cooking, baking, photographing and blogging!! 🙂
So, I was eager to get back to baking my favourite Blueberry cupcakes – this time I chose a different recipe which included olive oil and was an eggless one. I was actually cheating myself into thinking I was having something nutritious as Blueberries are a rich source of nutrients and so is olive oil.
Some benefits of the superfood, Blueberries:
- High in nutrients, low in calories
- A source of antioxidants
- boosts brain functions
- Improve digestion
- Good for the skin
The health benefits of olive oil? Oh, well, I don’t think I need to list them as everyone knows it. 🙂
Take a look:
So, let me show you how to make it!
Here is the recipe:
Eggless Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
1 cup = 250 ml
Source: Yummy Tummy
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 2 cups / 240 grams
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cup / 250 grams
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1.5 cup + 1 tblspn of lemon juice mixed ( 375 ml)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblspn
- Dried Blueberry – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil / Any Oil – 1/2 cup / 125 ml
- Prepping: Preheat oven to 170ºC. Grease and line a cupcake mould with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcake batter: Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to 1.5 cups of milk in a measuring jug.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar and mix well. To this mixture, add the milk and mix till the sugar is dissolved completely in the milk.
- Next add the dry ingredients: Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well till it is completely mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and the dried blueberries. Fold gently.
- Now the cupcake batter is ready and needs to be poured into the moulds. Using an ice cream scoop preferably, spoon the batter evenly into the moulds.
- Bake for 35 to 40 mins or till the cupcakes is done. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean then the cupcakes are done.
- Remove them from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes till cool enough to remove from the moulds. Then cool them over a wire rack.
- Tada! It’s done!! Have a cupcake with your favourite warm/hot beverage. I always take mine with ginger milk tea. 🙂
I took this to my workplace and let my colleagues taste them and they loved it! Hope you will make this and enjoy it! Leave your comments in the comments section below.