Hey, folks! This is my second blog post today and I hope I can continue at this pace.
The sweltering heat in Gurgaon makes you feel as if you are trapped inside a tandoor. I swear it cannot get hotter than this and even if it does I would definitely melt. This heat really discourages you from planning any outdoor trip. I think I may as well hibernate into my bedroom on weekends with the air-conditioner turned on. But this has actually turned out into a blessing in disguise as I could finally resume my blogging. 🙂 So, all is not lost.
Coming to the recipe, I have always been very fond of Continental cuisine and since it is generally not prepared at home, whenever my family used to eat out, we would either order this or Cantonese but hardly ever Indian, except for biryanis and naans.
In my native city, my favourite place to try continental cuisine was at an in-house restaurant named “The Yellow Table” inside The Landmark hotel. I cannot forget the taste of the Mutton Shaslik dish that I have eaten there. Another hot family favourite is the Vegetable Au Gratin. I have posted a similar dish here. Do check this one out too.
Because of the absence of spices, these dishes tend to be perfect for a hot summery day. Never mind the calories hidden in the sauces added by the butter and cream. Some light indulgence occasionally is acceptable. 😛
I used Chicken Breast pieces for this recipe and added a mix of Dijon Mustard and English Mustard for the sauce. I accompanied the dish with Steamed Vegetables sauteed in Butter.
Here is the recipe:
Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce
A Continental dish that makes use of chicken breasts and a sauce comprised of a combo of dijon and English mustard with a mix of cream and milk.
Credit: Yummy Tummy
- Boneless Chicken Breast – 2
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves chopped finely
- Cream – 1/2 cup (I used a mix of cream and milk)
- Mustard Sauce – 2 tsp (I used a mix of Dijon and English mustard)
- White Wine or Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Prepping the chicken: First of all, slice across the chicken breast in half, horizontally. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken breast to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 mins on a medium high heat. Remove this to a plate and keep it warm.
- In the same pan, add the butter and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Next, we add the white wine or water and deglaze the pan. Add the mustard and mix well.
- Now add the cream, salt, and pepper and mix well. Place the chicken over the sauce and simmer for a min.
- Once done, it is time to plate the dish. Place the cooked chicken breasts onto a plate and pour the mustard cream sauce over it.
A kind of fresh salad seasoned with lemon juice, chilli pepper, honey and salt and with the addition of bell pepper and cilantro.
1 cup = 250 ml
- Ripe tomatoes – 3
- Bell Pepper – 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Green Chilli pepper – 1 deseeded and chopped finely
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp or to taste (I used honey)
Directions1. Take all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss well. Set aside. You can keep it in the fridge till it is needed.
2. This is a great accompaniment to the mustard chicken and is perfect for a hot summery day.
I hope you will definitely try out this quick and easy recipe with very few ingredients. Please do leave your comments below. Have a great Sunday!